Created by OnePlusYou

About Blog

Here we share experiences, discoveries, research and tidbits of our journey in staging a sensitive play "Surya ki antim kiran se surya ki pehli kiran tak" by Surendra Verma. This is Naatak's 30th production

Naatak is a San Francisco Bay Area-based theater group dedicated to producing creative and thought-provoking plays. Since its founding in 1995 by students at UC Berkeley and Stanford, Naatak has staged 29 productions in English, Hindi and Tamil. For more information, visit www.naatak.com

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A set worthy of Okkak!?


Since the king himself has started the blog I will begin by paying my respects :). Me being one of the production crew. Thrilled and excited to be working in my first Naatak production. Bringing the sets up for this production has been fantastic. We've got a wonderful set coming up on stage at the Cubberley in Palo Alto, I'm happy to say.

Pradeepji our master planner, producer, our fearless leader in this endeavor has been nothing but on the mark with his planning and designing. The man's a wood work maestro and so is his workshop. I'm learning a lot of mad skilz on the job here. What with the wood shaving, cutting, measuring, glueing, nailing and stapling. Stuff can get pretty exciting.

We have most of the sets done by now. We have a few things for the background to be done. I don't want to reveal too many details. Come on out to our production and you'll see it in all its glory. Meanwhile a quick shoutout to all the crew of whom I'm the designated QA. If anybody has any issues with that they can take it up with me :D.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Pradeepji is a sets God. I vividly remember his detailed Sleuth sets. Good luck with the production.

    ReplyDelete